Dr. Brent Hallum enjoys helping patients overcome dental issues and feel good about their smiles. With a caring attitude and a focus on what’s best for each patient, Dr. Hallum transforms smiles and lives through comprehensive dental care.
Dr. Hallum and his wife, Christina, have a son active in football. Dogs Sasha and Hunter round out the family. The doctor is an avid football fan and enjoys watching his son play whenever he can. He also loves to travel, spend time outdoors, research family history and ancestry, and give back to his community through membership in several civic organizations.
"When I became a dentist, I asked myself what I would look for in dental care. I decided I would look for someone who is caring, provides gentle treatment, and makes me feel comfortable. And I would also want someone that puts my needs first and who takes time to explain everything. As a dentist, I'm dedicated to giving you the kind of dental care that I would want for myself and my family."
An outstanding dental education...
“I've always believed that a dentist's education forms the cornerstone of his/her care. That's why I'm proud to say that I earned my doctorate of dental surgery degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. As you may know, the UTHSCSA has been consistently ranked the number one dental school in the country!"
- Post-Graduate Fellowship: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Bachelor of Arts: Austin College at Sherman, Texas
Learning from his colleagues and respected by his peers...
"Belonging to professional societies gives me a wonderful chance to meet with my fellow dentists, and share new thoughts, techniques, and procedures. That's why my staff and I always take more than the required amount of continuing education classes every year. Every time I attend a meeting, I come away with new ideas that will help me serve you better."
- American Dental Association –Member
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry – Member
- Academy of General Dentistry – Member
- Academy of Esthetic Dentistry – Member
- Texas Dental Association – Member, Former Delegate
- San Antonio District Dental Society – Member, Former Member of the Board of Directors
- San Antonio District Dental Society Committees – Former Member of the Peer Review and Judicial Committees
Active in his community...
"I feel that one of the greatest gifts we can give is through service back to our community. I especially love helping children grow up to be happy, productive young men and women."
- Camp Friendship, a camp for underprivileged children – Counselor
- Youth Ministry Council Coastal Plains Area Christian Youth Fellowship – Leader
- HOSTS Program at Boerne ISD – Mentor
- Boerne Chamber of Commerce – Member
- Boerne ISD Bond Planning Committee – Member
- Boerne Sunrise Rotary Club 2001-2002 – President
- Central Christian Church – Former Deacon and Board Member
- Boerne Youth Football Association – Founder
- Supporter of Kendall County Junior Livestock Association, Boerne Greyhound and Boerne Charger Athletic Associations, and Boerne ISD Foundation
- San Antonio Mass Disaster Team